Tuesday, January 20, 2015

a new beginning

Happy New Year! The month is nearly over and I've scarce had time to write here. I haven't decided if that's because I'm super busy or because the entire right side of my keyboard is sticking and, well, that's annoying. Much has changed since I last wrote, but I will get into that a bit later. Did you have a good New Year's? We did! I rang it in with some friends from church and our large lot of kiddos (11.5 between us!). It was nice. 
Happy NY!

After they left, Jordan and I cheersed to FIVE years of marriage and a fresh start in 2015. Last year was pretty tough for our family, but there were so many awesome things that happened, too. It's scary and exciting to think about what God might have in store for us this year. We really really tried to start if off right. That's one of the reasons why I haven't been around on this blog or more notably-facebook (I deactivated it temporarily. No, I did not delete you.). Many of you have reached out to me to find out what's up and tell me I'm missed. I appreciate that! I just needed a break from social media. I felt as if I was getting so busy that I was forgetting to take time to play with my sweet kids. Playing with eyes floating to the big screen of the iphone every few minutes does not quality time make. We decided to give up many things for a few weeks in order to draw closer to God and each other. Now, at the end of this "fast" of sorts, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Life still feels pretty wild and crazy even without the distractions it turns out. Still, I will savour the moments when we chose walks around the neighborhood or reading a book over filling our house with background noise with the t.v. It's all crap, isn't it? 

Anyway, we spent the last few weeks making memories and I hope to continue doing just that. My three, three and unders, are growing up before my eyes. I don't want to look back and wish I'd played more instead of worrying about having a clean kitchen. I'm trying so hard to make this year different for us. Part of that is saying "no" when I need to. Focusing on God and then my family. Writing more. Reading more. Worrying less. Controlling my thoughts. Orienting toward positivity. Getting fit physically and spiritually. Reconnecting with my husband. The possibilities are endless! I love a new year, don't you?
Weekending in Gatlinburg


Shopping sans children
I'm feeling so blessed to have another year with this husband of mine. Here's to our best year yet! 

8 comments:

Jen said...

Wishing you an amazing year together!

Shannon said...

Welcome back! You were missed !!

Anonymous said...

Breaks are always good for the soul. Glad you are back!

Lisa C said...

Hope y'all have a great year!

Jenn said...

Happy new year, girl! Hope 2015 is good to us all! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, sounds like a wonderful idea. I hope you feel a little refreshed. :)

Rachel Ross said...

Happy New Year!! Wishing you nothing but the best! :)

JG said...

I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how y'all were. I love the idea of unplugging for a while. I've been wanting to do that around here more regularly too.

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs