Thursday, October 1, 2015

Goals Updated and Created: October


It's October 1st and Fall is in the air. I truly love this time of year. Despite having to actually clothe my children when we play outside, I enjoy every bit of this season. September seemed to fly by! Perhaps that's one of the reasons why my monthly goals went un-accomplished. I thought I would revisit those and then create some new ones. Last month I wanted to accomplish these:

1. 8 glasses of water a day
2. Limit 2 cups of coffee (what? I can't give up everything!)
3. #50milesinSeptember
4. Regular weekly exercise
5. Lose 5 lbs (Starting weight: 124)

I failed to finish the fifty miles this month. I stopped somewhere in the thirty mile frame. I was struggling because my husband has been working long hours and they don't exactly make a three child running stroller. Anyway, that will change though because I've finally signed my oldest up for preschool. The other goal of 8 glasses of water a day was probably accomplished 75% of the time. It's not hard for me to drink water when I remember. I love it. For October, I have some new goals I hope to accomplish:
  1. Continue with regular exercise and water in addition to completing the October Ab Challenge I created a few years ago. 
  2. Spend an hour (at least) each week working on my writing and publications.
  3. Go to a pumpkin patch, apple orchard, or both!
  4. Bake again.
  5. Create fun Halloween costumes.
  6. Take at least four bags of donations to KARM.
I hope each of you enjoy a cup of joe on your porch as the leaves fall around you. I hope you build piles of leaves for your kids to jump in. I hope you dress up on All Hallows Eve and disperse candy or trick-or-treat. I hope your football team makes you happy (unless of course it makes us VOL fans sad). I hope you carve pumpkins and bake apple pies. I hope you climb a mountain and feel God's presence as you look out on all the magnificent colors this time of year brings. Happy Fall, y'all.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Here is to a successful October! :) I know you will make it great.

Jen said...

Your fitness goals always motivate me!

Sarah said...

I always look at you and your fitness goals and think how I should at least TRY to do half as well, but I always completely fail. I was in a really good routine with taking long walks and every day and eating so well in TN, but we live on a busy road here and it's not a good idea to walk on it (although theses crazy New Yorkers do). I still haven't found my exercise dvd because I don't know where the packers put it. Yesterday I did a Victoria's Secret workout routine I found on youtube. Let's just say I look nothing like the instructor! ;)

Lisa C said...

The Hokies are making us sad, too, haha. But it's a beautiful time of year!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs